8 pages portfolio of I Called her Lisa Marie in the Autumn 2019 Dazed Issue
9 pages Vogue Italia Editorial Special Céline for the August issue,
Styled by Jane How
Thom Yorke for the cover of Crack Magazine, Issue 100.
Exhibition at the Martin Parr Foundation, Bristol
After more than three years in the making, our project in the Valleys has been exhibited at the Martin Parr Foundation in Bristol. The exhibition “It’s Called Ffasiwn” made in collaboration with Charlotte James will be open until 25.05.2019. It includes photographs but also some clothes, sketchbooks, film and other material collected over the years. A special magazine has been also published, available here
Curatorial Consultant : Adam Murray / Text: Kirsty Purnell
With Special Thanks to: Michelle Hurter and Michelle Roberts, Martin Parr and the team at the MPF, Sebastian Bruno and all the Children who participated in the project.
A video of the opening directed by Alex Parkyn-Smith can be watched here.
Self Service Issue 50 styled by Jane How in Nice, France.
- Libération (2.06.18) " Tête à Calque" by Jeremy Piette
Book signings in London, Liverpool and Paris
- I am delighted to announce that my first book I Called her Lisa Marie published by Chose Commune is now available to pre order via : https://www.chosecommune.com/book/icalledherlisamarie/
- I am very happy to be included in the " Swaps: Photographs from the David Hurn collection " opening exhibition of the new gallery dedicated to photography at the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff.
> until 15/04/18
- Tbilisi Photo festival: Projection during the Tbilisi Night of Photography (16.09)
I photographed Bath in England for M le Magazine du Monde
- Online publication PHmuseum"Dressing up in the Valleys" text by Gemma Padley
I photographed the backstage of the Parisian fashion week for Libération
Group show Tom Christoffersen Galleri, Copenhagen. 13.1 - 4.2.2017 // with Thomas Bangsted, Roger Ballen, Claus Carstensen, Gudrun Hasle, Teit Jørgensen, Jacob Kirkegaard, Susanne Mertz, Clémentine Schneidermann, Jeffrey Silverthorne, Morten Søkilde, Morten Søndergaard, Richard Winther
Portrait of George Montague for Libération
Fishbar Photo Market
17-21st DECEMBER // Fishbar
176 Dalston Ln,
Hackney, London E8 1
British Journal of Photography "Cool and Noteworthy" January issue. Text by Gemma Padley
The Leica Oskar Barnack Prize was exhibited at the Grand Palais during Paris Photo with Scarlett Coten
(C-types prints 30x30 cm and 80x80 cm)
- Diaporama in the french newspaper Libération " Une photographie de mode sociale"
I photographed Peckham, London for Les Inrockuptibles (with Goat Girl, Shame and Hervé Siard)
My new work produced in the Valleys of Wales has been awarded in Berlin on the 28th of September the LEICA OSCAR BARNACK NEWCOMMER AWARD. The award will help me to continue producing personal work in this part of the world. Thank you Leica for this incredible recognition
- It's Nice That, UK " Photographer Clémentine Schneidermann celebrates the spirit of Elvis "
- Two of my photos are part of the large scale exhibition Portrait of Britain organized by the British Journal of Photography; which will display the selected images on JC DECAUX Screens throughout September, all around the UK.
- Landscape stories issue 24 " the road " features my ongoing series The Drunken Boat
I followed the Brexit campaign in Wales for Libération with the journalist Isabelle Hanne
Diporama: Election day in Port Talbot
- The British Journal of Photography interview / Portrait of Britain (2.06.2016)
- I photographed Bristol for M, le Magazine du Monde, France (21.05.2016)
- Article in Weekendavisen, Denmark (04.05.2016)
- Runner-up for the Joop Swart Masterclass 2016
- Slate US " Elvis Presley's biggest fans" by David Rosenberg (08.01.2016)
- i-D US " Clementine Schneidermann finds beauty in europe's bleakest towns" by Alice Newell-Hansson (17.12.2015)
Currently doing a residency in Blaenau Gwent, Wales with Arts & Minds
- Diffusion Festival, Cardiff ' Looking for America ' (October 1-31). I called her Lisa-Marie will be exhibited at the Wales Millenium Center alongside Jona Franck.
Unseen Photography Fair, Amsterdam 18-20 September 2015 - courtesy Tom Christoffersen Gallery